You are here
COVID-19: Re-opening Interlibrary Loan Services in Illume (SHAREit V6)
With the recent announcement of BC's Restart Plan and the Libraries Branch announcement of the Provincial Resource Sharing Programs, Interlibrary Loan (ILL) and BC OneCard, re-opening on August 18, 2020, some libraries may be considering accepting Returns of physical materials or re-opening soon with services such as curbside pick-up of physical items and resumption of Interlibrary Loan Borrowing or Lending services.
- Confirm Library Accepting Returns - Before returning any physical materials please check that the Lender Library has Staff available to process shipments and that they're accepting returns of their materials.
- Public Libraries:
- List of Public Libraries accepting Returns (PDF updated twice weekly) of materials. Please contact the lender library as a courtesy before returning items.
- Public Libraries - Please contact Libraries Branch <LLB@gov.bc.ca> to be added to their list of libraries accepting Returns or opt-out of re-opening on August 18th.
- Academic Libraries:
- Additional Notes:
- Please Note: Libraries can process Returned materials via the request number in Illume (SHAREit V6) without re-opening for Borrowing or Lending.
- Lost Items - We recommend that libraries do not mark items as Lost in Illume, even if an item has been returned, until they've contacted the other library directly and at least 30 days or more have passed since an item has been marked "Returned" in Illume. Marking requests as status "Lost" in Illume reduces the status update options available and results in the request being deleted within our consortial Days to Delete (180 days) or earlier due to bugs/issues. Canada Post delivery times have also increased during Covid-19 and materials may take longer than expected to arrive.
- Missing Requests - Can't locate a request to return or check-in? It may have been marked as Lost and accidentally deleted too soon by the system. Some request/status information, such as lender/borrower, is available under your Staff Dashboard > Statistics > ILL Statistics > Activity and Request Reports > Request Records (Excel only) report. Check-out our Statistics guide for more information or contact us for assistance with your statistics reports. We can also submit a HelpDesk ticket to Auto-Graphics, if desired, to investigate the additional History Information of a request. Unfortunately requests that have been deleted cannot be restored to the SHAREit software and must be tracked or counted as exceptions.
- Please check-out our newly updated FAQ: How can I restore normal Request Manager workflow when we re-open after our COVID-19 temporary closure? for more information on re-opening your library for Lending and additional clean-up of previously created requests resulting from the long temporary closure.
- Please check-out our newly updated FAQ: How can I restore normal Request Manager workflow when we re-open after our COVID-19 temporary closure? for more information on re-opening your library for Borrowing and additional clean-up of previously created requests resulting from the long temporary closure.
- Please contact us if you'd like assistance activating or updating Patron-Initiated Interlibrary Loan requesting.
COVID-19 Home Page or Footer Notices in Illume:
- Please check-out our newly updated FAQ: How can I restore normal Request Manager workflow when we re-open after our COVID-19 temporary closure? for more information on updating or deleting any special notices added to your Illume Home Page to let your patrons know of services changes/updates.
If you have any questions or would like assistance updating your Illume (SHAREit V6) please don't hesitate to contact us. The Illume Administrative Support Centre will continue to remain open!
Post-Secondary Libraries/Institutions Accepting Returns & Re-opened:
The following list may not be complete, please contact a library directly for additional information. Contact us to update your information! Check here for the Public Libraries Accepting Returns (list updated twice weekly and contact <LLB@gov.bc.ca> to be added to the list.
Physical materials can be Returned and both Non-returnable (copy) and New Print Returnable (loan) items can be borrowed.
|Capilano University (BVAC)||Re-opening full services August 19th. ILL requests may experience processing and shipping delays, as staff are on rotation schedule and available on-campus only partially during the week.|
|Nicola Valley Institute of Technology (BMN)||Shipping delays may occur due to staffing.|
|Yukon University (YWC)||Shipping delays may occur due to on-campus Staff rotations. **Updated Shipping Address in their Library Profile**|
|Re-Opened for All Copy Requests
Physical materials can be Returned and library is accepting Non-returnable (copy) requests including scan from print requests.
Not accepting new physical Returnable (loan) requests at this time.
|Emily Carr University of Art + Design (BVAE)||Accepting scan from print requests (eg. print journal articles or book chapters).|
|Langara College (BVAL)||Accepting scan from print requests (eg. print journal articles or book chapters). Processing delays may occur, as Staff are not available full-time on-campus.|
|University of Northern BC (BPGU)||Returns may experience processing delays as Staff time on-campus is limited to only every few weeks.|
|Vancouver Island University (BNM)||VIU can provide Non-returnable (copy) requests including scan from print which are processed 1-2 days per week.|
|Returns and Ejournal Copy Requests Only
Physical materials can now be Returned but library is only accepting Non-returnable (Copy) requests for EJournal articles.
Not accepting new Returnable (loan) requests at this time.
|BC Institute of Technology (BBIT)|
|Camosun College (BVIC)|
|College of New Caledonia (BPGC)|
|Douglas College (BNWD)|
|Justice Institute of BC (BVAJI)||Processing delays may occur as Staff are not available full-time on-campus.|
|North Island College (BCOM)||Physical materials can be Returned to the Courtenay (BCOM) campus only over the summer. The Campbell River (BCOM1) and Port Alberni (BCOM2) campuses will be closed at the end of June and any materials sent directly to these campuses will not be processed until September. NIC will return returnable loans when possible.|
|Okanagan College (BKOC)|
|Royal Roads University (BRCZ)|
|Selkirk College (BCS)|
|Simon Fraser University (BVAS)|
|University of the Fraser Valley (BCLF)||UFV is not returning borrowed materials at this time.|
|University of Victoria (BVIV)||UVic is also working on returning materials they've borrowed.|
Physical materials can now be Returned but library is not accepting Non-returnable (Copy) requests or new Returnable (loan) requests at this time.
|Is your Post-secondary library allowing returns or new print returnable loan ILLs? Contact us to update your information!|