You are here
Undo Request Statuses
BCUC members recently requested the ability to be able to "Undo" more status options, than just "Undo Shipped", for when a Staff member accidentally selects the wrong status update. This enhancement request was the top-voted enhancement by all Auto-Graphics SHAREit customers in 2020 and was approved to be added to the software!
Auto-Graphics is working on adding a variety of undo status options and has renamed this feature "Undo Request Statuses". BCUC members have also requested that they be allowed to "undo" a status for a longer period of time. Some status options may only be available until "end of day" or until midnight processing. While others are available up to 7 days after a status update was made or until the other library reponds with it's own status update. Staff also need to have their account permissions authorized to use these statuses.
Important Note: The "Undo Request Statuses" options in SHAREit below don't work with ISO configured libraries due to the simplicity of ISO communication scripting. Please contact an ISO library directly instead to discuss any status update errors.
So far the following statuses can make use of the "Undo" feature:
- Undo Shipped: If your library accidentally marks a request as status Lender > Shipped but can't actually deliver the item - there's the option to allow staff to "Undo Shipped" a request! More information in our FAQ here: https://illumebc.ca/faq-undo-shipped
- Undo Rejected Renewal: If your library accidentally rejected a Lender Renewal request in error, staff now have the option of selecting the "Undo Rejected Renewal" option from the status drop-down in order to revert the request to it's previous status of "Renew Pending" or "Renew/Overdue". This status update will be available for 7 calendar days after the initial status update change or until the Borrower library has updated the status (eg. to Cancelled).
Account Permission for the "Undo Request Statuses" feature:
ILL Staff must have the ILL Permission "Undo Request Statuses" checked-off in their Account permissions in order to access these status updates within your requests. Check-out our User Accounts Setup Tips [PDF] guide for additional information and screenshots or follow the steps below. Or contact us for assistance updating your account.
Recommended: As the Undo Status options should rarely be used and carefully implemented -- we recommend this permission is only activated on Illume Admin (Library Superuser) accounts and not necessarily for all staff accounts. For example, using the Lender > Undo Shipped or Borrower > Cancel Shipped Request status changes may have workflow implications for the currently assigned partner library. We often recommend consulting with the other library before using these status options.
- Login as an Illume Admin and choose Staff Dashboard > User Admin > Edit User Accounts.
- Choose User's Type: Library Superuser from the drop-down then Submit to filter to Admin accounts only.
- Click on the hyperlinked name of the account you wish to update. A new pop-up window will appear.
- From the "Edit User Accounts" window click on the hyperlinked "ILL Permissions" to pop-up a new window.
- From the "Maintain ILL Permissions" window check-off the "Undo Request Statuses" option to add this permission.
- Click Submit then Close to save your changes.
Please contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns!