[Staff Settings & Customisation] If your library accidentally marks a request as status Lender > Shipped but can't actually deliver the item - there's the option to allow staff to "Undo Shipped" a request! Check-out our User Accounts Setup Tips [PDF] guide for additional information and screenshots or follow the steps below.
As of June 2nd 2021, the "Undo Shipped" feature has been re-named to "Undo Request Status" in preparation for the "undo" option to be extended to multiple statuses as soon as the ability to undo them is available from the vendor. In 2020 our member libraries requested the ability to undo additional status options (eg. Undo Returned) as well as extend the amount of time a status can be undone. This enhancment request was the top-voted enhancement by all Auto-Graphics SHAREit customers in 2020 and was approved to be added to the software.
As of August 9th 2018, this option applies to both Returnable (loan) and Non-returnable (copy) requests. Important Note: Using Undo Shipped on a Non-returnable (copy) request will return a request to Pending and remove any uploaded/attached documents. This option is only available up to midnight on the date listed in the "Date Shipped" field on the request. Auto-Graphics is updating this feature to extend the time it's available in a future software update.
Recommended: As the Status Option: Undo Shipped is rarely used we recommend this permission is only activated on Illume Admin (Library Superuser) accounts and not necessarily for all staff accounts. Using the Lender > Undo Shipped or Borrower > Cancel Shipped Request status changes may have workflow implications for the currently assigned partner library. We often recommend consulting with the other library before using this status option.
To activate this option on an account:
- Login as an Illume Admin and choose Staff Dashboard > User Admin > Edit User Accounts.
- Choose User's Type: Library Superuser from the drop-down then Submit to filter to Admin accounts only.
- Click on the hyperlinked name of the account you wish to update. A new pop-up window will appear.
- From the "Edit User Accounts" window click on the hyperlinked "ILL Permissions" to pop-up a new window.
- From the "Maintain ILL Permissions" window check-off the "Undo Shipped Item" option to add this permission.
- Click Submit then Close to save your changes.
Please contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns!