[ILL Requests] As of October 2017, Reading Centres can now submit their requests to the BC Public Libraries Branch (BVIL) as logged in patrons. This allows more account permissions, such as cancelling requests and changing passwords, than the previous guest requesting method! Guest requesting is no longer available. Please contact us if you are no longer able to login.
|Watch an updated refresher tutorial on how to search & submit your requests as a Reading Centre patron. Or download a printable version of the Refresher Guide [PDF] to consult.||Watch Video [sound ; 10m:26s ; MP4]|
So how do I now submit my requests if I'm a Reading Centre? Please follow the instructions below for submitting and tracking your ILLs!
- Go to the BVIL Illume: https://bcuc.agshareit.com/home?cid=bcuc&lid=bvil
- LOGIN with your new Patron account. Please contact us if you've forgotten your account or password.
- Search for the item you wish to request. Check-out our Tips for Searching guide or the refresher tutorial above if necessary.
- Once you have found the Title or record you'd like to request you can choose or click on the "Request This Item" button to bring up the request form.
- Complete your request form and hit Submit. If you are logged in correctly your account details including your Reading Centre code (list of codes below) and password will already be pre-filled.
When logged in you should only have to choose your Pickup Location, add your SHIP TO address, and enter your Max Cost (> 0 for Univs.) then click Submit! You can also add your RC Request Number (optional) and update with your contact name (if the displayed name is incorrect) if desired.
Please don't update your RC Code or Password within a request. Want to change your Password? Use our FAQ or the video tutorial above. If you forget your password for your new patron account it can now be reset. Please contact us to request a new password.
- To view your current requests, make sure you're logged in according to Step 2 above. Then click your reading centre staff display name in the top right-hand corner, eg. "Janet", and choose Your Transactions > Items from Other Libraries (click "Show hidden requests" if necessary).
- New requests may take some time to show-up in your interface.
- As a logged in patron you can now request a cancellation via the "Cancel Item" option next to any eligible request. Your request will not be cancelled until confirmed by BVIL staff. Cancel item option not available anymore? Contact us for assistance instead!
- You can also update your "Need By" date using the calendar - please beware this date calendar updates the live details of the request immediately and if you select a date that's too soon it will expire your request before it can be received/shipped (minimum 35 days or 5 weeks can be chosen). We recommend you leave the date as is and add a note in your Ship To details instead.
Have any questions or concerns? Please contact us directly.
- Dease Lake: RCDL
- East Shore: RCEA
- New Denver: RCNE
- Pender Harbour: RCPE
- Riondel: RCRI
- Telkwa: RCTE